While it’s never too early to help prevent osteoporosis it is also never too late to help reduce the rate of bone loss and the effects of osteoporosis. The International Osteoporosis Foundation suggests that adults should:
- Ensure a nutritious diet and adequate calcium intake
- Avoid under-nutrition, particularly the effects of severe weight-loss diets and eating disorders
- Maintain an adequate supply of vitamin D
- Participate in regular weight-bearing activity
- Avoid smoking and second-hand smoking
- Avoid heavy drinking
Our weight-bearing exercise wearables can be worn at any time during virtually any activity and make participating in regular weight bearing activity easy to achieve. Wear them while doing your regular exercises, walking the dog or even while shopping. The gradual addition of incremental weights will accelerate the benefits.
For more information on osteoporosis and bone health please go to:
Please note: Exercising and exercise equipment, depending on your physical condition, may be hazardous to your health. You are therefore advised not to use any equipment or attempt any exercises without consulting your doctor. Even with such approval exercise should be done in moderation and should not be performed if tired or to the point of fatigue or pain. Do not over- exert yourself.